1) French for "deadly woman" whom tries to achieve her hidden purpose by using feminine wiles such as beauty, charm and sexual allure. She is an archetype of literature, art and Top 40 CHR radio.
Her ability to seduce with auto-tune and hypnotize her victim with big fat bass is seen as being literally supernatural, hence a femme fatale is still described as having power akin to an enchantress, vampire or pop superstar.
2) The name of Britney Spears 7th studio album
3) A matrix point to fuel the gathering of twelve leading ladies of Electronica to contribute tracks for a 2005 compilation entitled FEMMES FATALES
4) A heavily searched phrase on Google for the next few days/weeks/months leading to an unexpected and uncanny opportunity to bring some deserved attention to the aforementioned FEMMES FATALES compilation.
I did A&R and Licensing for FEMMES FATALES and although Britney Spears will sell more digital copies of FEMME FATALE in the first five minutes on iTunes than the comp has sold in six years, it should be noted that both albums are meticulously produced to appeal to the candy-coated club crowd.
Like fine wines from similar vines, try pairing the two releases in a conveniently titled 'Femmes Fatales' playlist that bookends tracks from each.
Pair Britney Spears "Hold It Against Me" with Andrea Burns "100 Stories," before taking a guzzle of Colette's "Feelin' Hypnotized" and chasing it with Britney's "Seal It With A Kiss".
Bind bad girl anthems "Criminal" from Femme Fatale and "Beautiful Liar" from Femmes Fatales and stitch 'em together with "In My Eyes" by DJ Keri and "Trip To Your Heart" by Ms. Britney.
And when DJ Mea from Lords of Acid amps up your late night bumpin' with "Red Light Go," your playlist will have a ready and willing dance floor partner in the guise of Brit's "I Wanna Go".
Easy as apple pie. Warm it up with a dash of volume and it's even tastier.
5) Each one of the (drop dead) beautiful women pictured throughout
The 12 Leading Ladies Of Electronica
1. Mea Fisher - Red Light Go
2. Layla - Waiting For You
3. Andrea Burns - 100 Stories (Noel Sanger Remix)
4. Colette - Feelin' Hypnotized (Blackliquid Remix)
5. Dena Carman - Beautiful Liar
6. DJ Keri - In My Eyes
7. Angelique - I Couldn't Believe
8. Jes - Everything With You (D:Fuse Mix)
9. Colleen Kelly - Remember Me (Interstate Mix)
10. Celeste Lear - Letter From A Train
11. Eve Falcon - Know It All
12. Jan Johnston - Transparent (Interstate Remix)
13. Andrea Burns - 100 Stories (Josh Harris Vocal Club Mix)
14. Andrea Burns - 100 Stories (Shadow People Dub)
1. Till The World Ends (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)
2. Hold It Against Me (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)
3. Inside Out (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)
4. I Wanna Go (Produced by Max Martin and Shellback)
5. How I Roll (Produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus)
6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful ft. Sabi (Benny Blanco, Ammo, JMIKE & Billboard)
7. Seal It With A Kiss (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin & Dream Machine)
8. Big Fat Bass featuring will.i.am (Produced by will.i.am)
9. Trouble For Me (Produced by Fraser T Smith)
10. Trip To Your Heart (Produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus)
11. Gasoline (Produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco)
12. Criminal (Produced by Max Martin and Shellback)
13. Up N' Down (Produced by Max Martin)
14. He About To Lose Me (Produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins)
15. Selfish (Produced by Stargate and Sandy Vee)
16. Don't Keep Me Waiting (Produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins)